Friday, October 3, 2014

how to make washi tape bookmarks


I love it when ideas come to me at unexpected moments in my day. I was sitting here at my dining table wondering how to decorate some bookmarks I was going to gift as part of a small package. Walked to my room, saw the washi tapes hanging on my wall, and immediately knew what to do. I love how washi tape opens up endless possibilities, and makes projects so easy!

What you'll need:

>> blank bookmark (or you can print the template here on white cardstock)
>> 2-3 washi tapes
>> ribbon
>> stamp and ink pad (optional)
>> hole puncher (optional)


Here are my washi tape bookmarks! They are really quick and easy to make! 

1. Grab a blank bookmark, or print this template on your card stock paper and cut out the shape. 

2. Take different washi tapes and make up your own design on the bookmark. I just randomly laid them out and then trimmed the sides when I was done.





3. This is completely optional, but you can personalize the bookmark a little more with some stamps or someone's name. I stamped "hello" on my own so it could be used really generally, but you can also write or stamp "happy birthday", "thanks", the person's name, or just a sweet little note. 

4. Tie a ribbon or string through the punched hole at the top of the bookmark. 



5. Wasn't that easy!?! 




You don't even have to copy the "random" design I made. Get creative - the possibilities are seriously endless! Comment with your own creations! I'd love to see what your ideas are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric